To good times! To a great party! To Ireland!
St. Patrick’s Day falls on Saturday this year, (March 17, 2018) which means you can drink without worrying about work the next day. There tons of events around DC to keep you celebrating all week long. Highlights include Traditional Irish music, a presentation on Machine Learning with bonus Irish dancing, and plenty of green beer to go around.
As always, you can find the entire list of events on our main page.
According to Wikipedia, the world’s first recorded St. Patrick’s Day celebration was in St. Augustine, Florida, in the year 1600.
Sunday, March 11, 2018
- The 48th Annual St. Patrick’s Parade, noon at (Constitution & 7th to 17th St NW). FREE
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
- The Tapping of the Green Beer Kegs!, 7-11pm at Duffy’s Irish Pub (2106 Vermont Ave NW). Come celebrate with us as we tap the green Kegs to prepare for St. Patrick’s Day. 1/2 price wings all night. $5 pints of the green stuff!
- Oyster & Guinness Festival, 4-10pm at James Hoban’s Irish Restaurant & Bar (1 Dupont Cir NW). $1 Oysters, $6 Guinness.
Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Shenanigansby CloudAware Federal, 3-7pm at Ivy City Smokehouse (1356 Okie St NE). Presentation on Machine Learning at 3pm, networking at 5pm. Enjoy green beer, hearty food, learn the Irish jig or just watch the dancers perform! FREE
Friday, March 16, 2018
- White Ford Bronco St. Paddy’s Day Bash Night 1, 9pm at Gypsy Sally’s (3401 K St NW/Water St). $25 advance, $30 day of show
- Saint Patrick’s ＠ Dirty Bar, 10pm-4am at Dirty Bar (1223 Connecticut Ave NW). Ladies free open bar 10-12pm. $5 Jameso
- Culkin School Irish Dancers live, 6-8pm at Duffy’s Irish Pub (2106 Vermont Ave NW). Come join us on Duffy’s Irish Pub Patio (weather pending) for live Irish Dancers as a pre-celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. $5 green beer.
Saturday, March 17, 2018
Celebrate without Drinking
- YOGA Garden – St. Paddy’s Day Edition, 8:45-9:45am at Midlands (3333 Georgia Ave NW). The $15 ticket includes Yoga, DogfishHead Namaste Wit-bier, and our Midlands Community (All for less than the price of a drop-in!) $15
- Weekend Tour of DC’s Irish-Americans, 3-5:15pm at Lafayette Square, Andrew Jackson Equestrian Statue (16th & Pennsylvania Ave NW). Scandal, Assassination, Spies, & more! Tour lasts about 2 hours. $15
Listen to some Live Music
- Shamrockin’ Eve, 4pm-midnight at Lost and Found (1240 9th St NW). Live funk and soul from Zack Cutter & Friends. Irish style beers on tap.
- St. Patrick’s Day, 8am-midnight at Irish Channel (500 H St NW). Live Music Starting at 2pm from Belfasts Own Ciaran Quinn. FREE
- Hayley Fahey Band: St Pattys Day at the Hamilton Loft, 10:30pm-1:30am at the Hamilton (600 14th St NW). Come celebrate St Patty’s Day with the Hayley Fahey Band at the Hamilton Loft. Make sure you wear green and come ready to dance.
- St. Patrick’s Day Dancers, 2:30-3pm at Trump International Hotel (1100 Pennsylvania Ave NW). Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a performance by the McGrath Academy of Irish Dance. Reserve your seat in Benjamin Bar & Lounge or stop by the lobby to view a short performance by the award winning dancers. FREE
- Poehemia Live, 9:30pm-1:30am at Fado Irish Pub (808 7th St NW). Plan your entire weekend around this show–you won’t regret it! Slainte!
- Super Saturday, 2pm-2:30am at Fado Irish Pub (808 7th St NW). We’ll open early for SUPER SATURDAY (EPL, 6 Nations Rugby) and continue the day with Irish Dancers; not one, but two live bands; and of course, a fully stocked bar.
$10 Cover starts promptly at 2pm, as does the enforcement of the 21+ age restriction, no exceptions.
- Live music from Aine O’Doherty & Danny Burns, 3pm at Kirwan’s on the Wharf (749 Wharf St NW). We also have Irish Dancers throughout the day.
Nosh on Irish Food
- Boozy Donut Rules, 6am-2pm at the Sugar Shack in Shaw (1932 9th NW) and Alexandria (804 N Henry St, Alexandria, VA 22314). Boozy donuts! Donuts with booze! No matter how you say it, this is a great promo.
ChecklistDC: Get there early because it’s most likely while supplies last.This is how many donuts I will personally eat.
- St. Patrick’s Day 2018, 10am at Duffy’s Irish Pub (2106 Vermont Ave NW). All day: $5 green beer, $2 Jello shots, $6 corned beef sandwiches. $5 cover
- St. Patrick’s Day With Timber Pizza And Pabst APA Release Party!, 10am at Midlands (3333 Georgia Ave NW). FREE
- St. Patrick’s Day Beer Garden Party, 12-3pm at the Watergate Hotel (2650 Virginia Avenue NW). Bottomless Guinness & Guinness Blonde, as well as a buffet of traditional St. Patrick’s Day pub fare including: Bangers & Mash, Fish-N-Chips and more. $50+
- Shamrock Fiesta 2018, 1-4pm at Mission (1606 20th St NW). Toast the luck of the Irish at Dupont’s best and only Mexican restaurant saloon and enjoy an open bar featuring margaritas, mimosas, bloodies, beer, mixed drinks and a brunch buffet. $50+
- PaddyFest, 7:30pm at Ri Ra Georgetown (3125 M St NW). Derek Dempsey & Celtic Soul start the festivities off playing live Irish music every night and feast on some great Irish fare with our special St. Patrick’s Day menu including Corned Beef & Cabbage, Fish & Chips, Shepherd’s Pie, Sausage Rolls & Deviled Eggs and lots more while enjoying Guinness mixology beer cocktails.
Have a Drink with a Friend
- St. Patrick’s Day, 10am at Thunder Burger & Bar (3056 M St NW). Enjoy: $3 Green Lager, $4 Guinness, $5 Irish Whiskey Shot, $6 Irish Car Bombs.
- St. Patrick’s Day, 10am-2:30am at the Blaguard (2003 18th St NW). We we will have $6 Jameson/Tullamore Dew/Slane and $6 Irish Beers all day! Party favors will be all around, t shirts, beads, and beer glasses.
- Beats and Brunch DC St Pattys Day Party, 11am-4pm at RedRocks (1348 H St NE). We will feature Jameson, Estrella and green beer specials. Saturday Brunch Specials (11AM-3PM). $20 Bottomless Mimosas. Sangria & Beer Specials. Featuring DJ Kush & DJ Roel.
- St. Patrick’s Day, Rooftop Style, 11am-8pm at Hawthorne (1336 U St NW). We’ve got you covered all the way till 3am with all four floors open, drink specials until 8pm, and DJ Mike. $5 16oz Green Bud lights, $7 Guinness, $6.50 Jameson shots, $10 Carbombs.
- St. Patrick’s Day with Boundary Brewing, 11:30am-11pm at ChurchKey (1337 14th St NW). This St. Patrick’s Day, celebrate at ChurchKey as we host the DC debut of Boundary Brewing from Northern Ireland. On Saturday, March 17th, we’ll tap the very first Boundary Brewing kegs every poured in the District, a total of 8 different beers in all!
- Saint Patrick’s Day, noon-midnight at Vapiano (1800 M St NW). $4 beer all day!
- Luck of The Irish! (St.Patrick’s Day), 6pm-3am at the Park at Fourteenth (920 14th St NW).
- Saint Patrick’s Day at P14!, 8pm at Provision (2100 14th St NW). DJ, $4 green bud light, $5 Jameson & $8 Irish car bombs & many more surprises!
- St. Patricks Day Party with Black Mountain Revival!, 10pm-1am at Roofers Union (2446 18th St NW). Black Mountain Revival barrels for our Nations Capital to ring in St. Pats in style!
Have a Drink with a Hundred Friends
- Shamrock Fest, 2pm at RFK Stadium (2400 E Capitol St NE). $35+
- Shamrock Crawl 2018, 2pm at Front Page (1333 New Hampshire Ave NW). Join thousands of fellow beer lovers in celebrating a day full of green revelry at some of Dupont Circle’s most popular bars. $25 advance, $40 day of
Sunday, March 18, 2018
- Irish Traditional Music Session, 7-10pm at Petworth Citizen (829 Upshur St NW). Celebrate the day with Irish music – led by Petworth resident Mike Winch. FREE