The DC Department of Health’s Animal Services Program is launching the 2018 Annual Animal Health Fairs.
Services Provided: Free Vaccinations, Dog Licenses, Tips on Emergency Preparedness, Learn about Animal Laws, and Ask the Veterinarian!
Health Fair Policy Requires That:
- Dogs must be secured on a leash and Cats must be secured in a carrier box.
- All pets must be brought to the clinic by a responsible adult.
- Dogs over the age of four (4) months old are required by law to be vaccinated against rabies and distemper. Cats over the age of four (4) months old are required to be vaccinated against rabies and feline distemper.
- The Law requires that all dogs are registered and wear their tags on their collars.
- Dog license is $15 for spayed or neutered dog and $50 for an unspayed or neutered dog.
- You have the option of registering for your dog license online, prior to the event, at: https://app.hpla.doh.dc.gov/mylicense/PersonSearchResults.aspx. You can then receive the dog license at the event rather than receiving it through the mail.
- If available, please bring previous vaccination history.
- Maximum 4 pets per owner.
- WHILE AT THE ANIMAL HEALTH FAIR, YOU MAY PURCHASE YOUR DC DOG LICENSE USING CHECK OR MONEY ORDER (PAYABLE TO: DC TREASURER) ONLY. NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED.
The dates and locations are as follows:
Saturday April 28, 9-11:30am
Walter Pierce Dog Park (2630 Adams Mill Rd NW)
Saturday April 28, 1:30-4pm
Shaw Dog Park (11th and Rhode Island Ave NW)
Saturday May 5, 9-11:30am
Newark St Dog Park (39th & Newark St NW)
Saturday May 5, 1:30-4pm
Upshur Dog Park (4300 Arkansas Ave NW)
Saturday May 19, 9-11:30am
Charles Young School (26th and H St NE)
Saturday May 19, 1:30pm – 4:00pm
King Greenleaf Recreation Center (201 N St SW)
Saturday June 2, 9-11:30am
Triangle Park (3500 Blk Croffut Pl & Minnesota Ave SE)
Saturday June 2, 1:30-4pm
Anacostia Recreation Center (1800 Anacostia Dr SE)