DC is where the president of your high school class ended up… along with every other smart kid! To reclaim our former AP class glory, we’ve become a city of trivia addicts. Check out below for a list of over sixty trivia nights in and around DC.
Do you have a trivia team that is welcoming new members? Let us know in the comments!
= Trivia nights with teams welcoming new members OR hosts who will help you form a team
- 7:30pm at Bier Baron (1523 22nd St NW) located in Dupont Circle. Hosted by District Trivia. Get a craft beer and win your shot at $5,000 in cash.
- 7:30pm at Breadsoda (2233 Wisconsin Ave NW) located in Glover Park. Hosted by Christian Hunt of The Capital City Showcase. Chili dogs, $4 DC Brau drafts, $50 off the winning team’s tab.
Bring your own team or find friends to make a new team!
- 8pm at Crystal City Sports Pub (529 23rd Street South, Arlington, VA 22202) located in Crystal City. Hosted by Trivia Kings. Play on a team or solo. Win prizes throughout the night.
- 8-10pm at Flanagan’s Harp and Fiddle (4844 Cordell Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814). Team “Outdoor Alcoholics” is in first place… can you beat them?!
- 7pm at Franklin Hall (1348 Florida Ave NW) located in U Street. Historic building, loads of beer and a chance to win $5000?! There’s no reservations needed – long hall style tables are great for large teams. Hosted by District Trivia.
- 8pm at Lost and Found (1240 9th Street NW) located in Shaw. Hosted by District Trivia. Over 17 craft beers, specialty whiskeys and custom cocktails.
- 7pm at Madhatter (1319 Connecticut Ave NW) located in Dupont Circle. Hosted by Trivia Kings. Make your way up the rear stairs and a you will find a competitive group of regulars that will greet you before they put you in the cross-hairs.
- 7:30pm at Portner Brewhouse (5770 Dow Ave, Alexandria, VA 22304-4066) located in Alexandria. Hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
- 7pm at Sign of the Whale (1825 M St NW) in Farragut West. 1st place: $50 bar tab. 2nd place: $10 bar tab. Random prizes for best team name. 7 person max team limit strictly enforced.
Join the Washington DC/Metro area Redditors team!
- 8:30pm at Tonic At Quigley’s (2036 G St NW) located in Foggy Bottom. Teams of up to 8 compete in all areas of knowledge to win both bragging rights and a $50 Tonic gift card.
- 7:30pm at The Pub & The People (1648 North Capitol St NW) located in Eckington. Hosted by Geeks Who Drink. $25 gift certificate for first place, $15 for second place. There are bonus pint, shots, and suds giveaways awarded for bonus questions. No team member limit, but teams over six people are docked five points per extra person.
- 8pm at the Ugly Mug (723 8th Street SE) located in Barracks Row. Hosted by Trivia Kings.
- 7:30-11pm at Wonderland Ballroom (1101 Kenyon St NW) located in Columbia Heights.
- 7pm at 7 Locks Brewing (12227 Wilkins Ave, Rockville, MD 20852) located in Rockville. Hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
- 7:30pm at Atlas Brew Works (2052 W Virginia Ave NE) located in Trinidad. Hosted by Christian Hunt of The Capital City Showcase. $50 off the winning team’s tab, six-pack of one of Atlas’ beers for 2nd place, and occasional tickets to shows at 930 Club!
Bring your own team or find friends to make a new team!
- 7:30pm at Caddies on Cordell (4922 Cordell Ave, Bethesda, MD 20906) located in Downtown Bethesda. Hosted by Trivia Kings.
- 7pm at Cornerstone Grill & Loft (7325 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD, 20740) located in College Park. Hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
- 6:30-9pm at the Dirty Goose (913 U St NW) located in U Street. December 5, 2017 to June 26, 2018. She’s baaaaack on Tuesdays! BaNaka is bringing her quick wit and hilarious innappropriateness to The Dirty Goose on Tuesdays. Join her for a fun take on trivia…no boring Roman history questions here and prizes to boot! Deep Eddy is the drink of choice with $5 Deep Eddy cocktails and a special drink menu!
- 7:30pm at Exiles (1610 U Street NW) located in U Street. Hosted by District Trivia. The menu is BBQ-style ‘meat-heavy’ and features smoked chicken wings, beef brisket, barbecue pulled pork, and an all-day breakfast sandwich. The bar serves beer, wine, and cocktails.
- 8pm at Front Page (1333 New Hampshire Ave NW) located in Dupont Circle. Build Your Own Burger and Name it too! The best burger (creativity, name, and deliciousness all taken into close consideration by Alex and Kristi) wins. The winner gets a free burger the following Tuesday for him/her and a guest, plus their Burger is on special the following Tuesday!
- 7:30pm at HalfSmoke (651 Florida Ave NW) located in Shaw. Hosted by District Trivia. Their menu features gourmet sausages, craft cocktails, wood grilled flatbread, super milkshakes, mini funnel cakes and, of course, beer, so this is a delicious trivia option for those in Shaw!
- 7pm at Irish Channel Pub (500 H Street NW) located in Chinatown. Hosted by Trivia Kings. The Irish Channel is an authentic Irish owned pub that is best known for its traditional atmosphere and cuisine. It also features the longest and largest trivia night in Chinatown full of dedicated quiz regulars and casual newcomers playing during happy hour.
- 8pm at JR’S Bar & Grill (1519 17th St NW) located in Dupont. It’s free to play! Put together a team or join one and make new friends at Trivia Night! Happy Hour until 9pm, and drink specials all night long!
- 8pm at Justin’s Cafe (1025 First St SE). Hosted by District Trivia. Justin’s Cafe is a staple in the Capitol Riverfront: an American bar and restaurant serving up classics and crafts
- 8pm at Kingfisher (1414 14th St NW) located in Logan Circle. Hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
- 8pm at Kitty O’Shea’s (4624 Wisconsin Ave NW) located in Tenleytown. Hosted by Trivia Kings. Tucked away on Wisconsin Avenue you’ll find Kitty O’Shea’s, a quaint little Irish pub with the personal feel of a neighborhood bar. What the bar lacks in size it makes up with its intimate atmosphere.
- 8pm at the Limerick Pub (11301 Elkin St, Wheaton, MD 20902) located in Downtown Wheaton. Hosted by Trivia Kings.
- 8-10pm at Looking Glass Lounge (3634 Georgia Ave NW) located in Petworth. 5 Rounds including a music and picture round. Come early to get a seat! $60 off your bar tab for the winning team!
- 7:30pm at Lou’s City Bar (1400 Irving St NW) located in Columbia Heights. Hosted by District Trivia. Lou’s City Bar is the best neighborhood sports bar with a 45-foot bar, 24 tap lines, 23 high def TV’s, and an outdoor patio!
- 7pm at Mister Days (3100 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, VA, US) located in Clarendon. Half-priced burgers.
DMV Bar Trivia Players meets here every week and is welcoming new people!
- 7:00pm at Moreland’s Tavern (5501 14th St NW) located in 16th Street Heights. Hosted by District Trivia. Free to play, show up solo or with a team. Win gift certificates weekly and special prizes on occasion!!
- 7:30pm at Nanny O’Brien (3319 Connecticut Ave NW) located in Cleveland Park. Hosted by Trivia Kings. In the heart of Cleveland Park, just one block south from the Metro, you will find an intimate Irish bar that has been a staple of the neighborhood for years. From its commitment to European football games, great beers, and great trivia even before Trivia Kings arrived, it has built a reputation far beyond its local confines.
- 7pm at Penn Social (801 E St NW) located in Chinatown. The crowd averages between 75 players with the last few stragglers relegated to standing for the entirety of the game. Show up 15-20 minutes early to get one of the last seats in the house or 30-45 minutes early for your choice of tables. Hosted by District Trivia.
Join the GeekNiteOut team!
- 7:30pm at Public Bar (1214 18th St NW) located in Farragut North. Hosted by District Trivia. Public Bar is a restaurant, sports bar, lounge AND District Trivia venue. The menu is traditional American savories, served in a casual vibe.
- 7pm at the Queen Vic (1206 H Street NE) located in H Street. February 7th to April 25th.
- 7:30pm at Rí Rá Georgetown (3125 M St NW) located in Georgetown. Hosted by Live Event Trivia. The belt is on the line every week and we’ve got some awesome drink specials lined up!
- 7pm at Saint Ex (1847 14th St NW) located in 14th Street. 7 rounds of trivia, mostly 10 questions each. Winning team gets $50 off its tab; 2nd place gets $25 off; 3rd place choose a theme for us to write a round of trivia on for the following week.
- 7:30pm at Samuel Beckett’s (2800 South Randolph St, Arlington, VA 22206) located in Shirlington. Hosted by Trivia Kings.
- 6:30pm at Slash Run (201 Upshur St NW) located in Petworth.
- 8pm at Trusty’s (420 Pennyslvania Ave SE) located in East Hill. Hosted by Trivia Kings. Located in the Hill East neighborhood and a block from the Potomac Ave Metro, patrons will enjoy old filling station decor, plenty of board games, and a neighborhood two-floor trivia night as unique as their yellow school bus bar upstairs!
Join the /r/DCover30 team!
- 8pm at Union Jacks (10400 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, MD 21044) located in Columbia Town Center. Hosted by Trivia Kings. The menu features an amazing selection of British and American fair with dozens of different beers available on tap and bottle.
- 8pm at Ventnor Sports Cafe (2411 18th St NW) located in Adams Morgan. Hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
- 7:30-9:30pm at Back Rooster (1919 L St NW) located in Farragut West. We welcome teams of up to 7 players, it’s free to join, and there are plenty of great prizes available. Plus, everyone gets happy hour drink specials throughout trivia and half-price wings night, win or lose.
- 8pm at Black Squirrel Dunn Loring (2670 Avenir Place, Vienna, VA 22180) located in Vienna. Hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
- 8pm at the Big Stick (20 M St SE) located in Navy Yard. Hosted by District Trivia. You and your team in Navy Yard are now eligible for the biggest trivia prize in DC (free beer for a year?! yes please!). District Trivia is at The Big Stick every Wednesday night at 8pm. The Big Stick features a unique menu focused on specialty sausages, sandwiches and a robust craft beer selection. Perhaps your team will even try their famous ShotSki in-between rounds…
- 8pm at the Brixton (901 U St NW) located in U Street. Hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
- ⭐7:30pm at Buffalo Billiards (1330 19th St NW) located in Dupont Circle. Hosted by District Trivia. Home of the CSN Trivia Challenge and District Trivia Tournament of Champions finals, Buffalo Billards regular Wednesday night game is home to about 70 regulars per week. There is pleanty of seating, but the later you arrive the further from the Trivia Host you will be.
Join the DC UnProfessionals (21-35) team!
- 7-10pm at Capitol Lounge (229 Pennsylvania Ave SE) located in Capitol Hill. Hosted by the Trivia Guys.
- 8pm at Clarendon Grill (1101 North Highland St, Arlington, VA 22201) located in Clarendon. Hosted by Trivia Kings. One guy on Reddit said that the hosts have good personalities!
- 8:00pm at Homestead (3911 Georgia Ave NW) located in Petworth. Every night of trivia gives you another shot at qualifying for the $5000 NBC Sports Washington Trivia Challenge grand prize!
- ⭐7pm at Irish Channel Pub (500 H Street NW) located in Chinatown. Hosted by District Trivia. Love the feel of an Irish pub, but looking for something a little different? Irish Channel combines the spirit of the Irish Channel in New Orleans with the heart of County Cork. A blend Irish generosity, Southern hospitality and the best trivia in DC!
Join the /r/DCover30 team!
- 8pm at James Hoban’s (1 Dupont Cir NW) located in Dupont Circle. Hosted by Trivia Kings.
- 8pm at Lucky Bar (1221 Connecticut Ave NW) located in Dupont. Half price Cheeseburger night including Turkey & Veggie !! 5-11pm
- 8pm at Mad Fox Taproom (2218 Wisconsin Ave NW) located in Glover Park. Hosted by District Trivia. The taproom is located in the Glover Park neighborhood in DC and gives your team a chance at $1000 cash!
- 8pm at Meridian Pint (3400 11th St NW) located in Columbia Heights. Hosted by Trivia Kings.
- 8pm at Nellie’s (900 U St NW) located in U Street.
- 7pm at Paddy Barry’s (8150 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA 22182) located in Vienna. Hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
- 8pm at the Pinch (3548 14th St NW) located in Columbia Heights.
- 8pm at the Prospect (1214 U St NW) located in U Street. Hosted by District Trivia. With a killer beer and cider list, and some seriously upscale (and tasty!) bar food classics, The Prospect is perfect not only for large teams but also for two and threesomes
- 8pm at Solly’s (1942 11th St NW). U Street.
- 7:30pm at St. Arnold’s (3433 Connecticut Ave NW) located in Cleveland Park. Hosted by District Trivia. Come to St. Arnold’s in Cleveland Park for the best mussels and beer in the city. This cozy venue (trivia takes over the downstairs abbey) is one of the more relaxed and fun places to play trivia in DC.
- 8pm at Stoney’s (1433 P St NW) located in Logan Circle. The first place team wins $50 in gift certificates to Stoney’s, second place gets $25 at Stoney’s. Third-place team gets a bottle of wine OR they can pick a category for next week. Fourth place gets what Third place doesn’t want (wine or category)
- 7pm at Urban Winery (949 Bonifant St, Silver Spring, MD 20910) located in Silver Spring. Hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
- ⭐8:30pm at Wisdom (1432 Pennsylvania Ave SE) located in Capitol Hill. You know the trivia is good when hosted by a bar called WISDOM! Original questions baked fresh every week, with a $25 prize for winners and shots for losers. Test your knowledge of movies, TV, science, history, suggestive anagrams, sports, and Dwayne Johnson. Brought to you by Rene, the host who can’t sit down or shut up. Maximum eight players per team.
If you need a team, they’ll find you one!
- 7:30pm at 10 Tavern (707 G Street NW) located in Chinatown. Hosted by District Trivia. 10 Tavern literally “rises above the rest” – this DC tavern is on the 2nd floor. It features lots of beers, craft cocktails and delicious homemade food!
- 8pm at Arcuri (2400 Wisconsin Ave NW) located in Glover Park. Hosted by District Trivia. Acuri serves up American-Italian fare.
- 9-11pm at the Big Board (421 H St NE). H Street.
7:30pm at DC Brau Brewing Company (3178 Bladensburg Rd NE) located in Woodridge. Join us every Thursday for Trivia with Christian Hunt, host of The Capital City Showcase and win great prizes, including gift certificates to local establishments, and free beer!Last trivia on March 29, 2018.
- 7:30pm at Roofers Union (2446 18th St NW) located in Adams Morgan. Hosted by District Trivia. Love trivia and love food?! Then come play trivia and enjoy the sweet and savory dishes of Top Chef contestant Executive Chef Marjorie Meek-Bradley while you play.
- ⭐6:30pm at Tommy Joe’s (7940 Norfolk Ave, Bethesda, MD) located in Bethesda. Happy Hour ends at 7 pm. The trivia consists of five rounds, some bonus in-between round worksheets, and a music round.
Join the GeekNiteOut team!
- 7:30-10:30pm at City Tap Dupont (1250 Connecticut Ave NW) located in Dupont Circle. Hosted by District Trivia. $15 Narragansett Tall Boy Buckets available to all participants throughout the game!
- 7pm at DC Reynolds (3628 Georgia Ave NW) located in Petworth. Hosted by District Trivia. DC Reynolds is the place to be for Sunday night trivia -the full-service, home-cooked menu is the perfect compliment to the hand-mixed cocktails, rotating craft beer drafts, and, of course, the PBR and Powers that brings in trivia players from far and wide. The 100+ seat patio is open, weather permitting, year round.